Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Part: 2

So after I thought of my favorite children's book I tried to think of my absolute favorite book, and I couldn't really make up my mind, but my favorite short story is without a doubt "A Perfect Day for Bananafish" by Salinger.


So naturally that let me to think about my favorite monograph, which is Patkau Architects.  This is my favorite image in the book.  It is one of the most beautifully constructed basswood models I have ever seen.


This is my favorite work-in-progress.  It's one 8"x8" block from a "Pineapple Quilt" I am making.  I love this pattern because you start sewing at the center and folding back each piece of fabric you sew on... each block will have 36 pleats.  The pleats give the quilt an added dimension and will make it very warm.


I love writing letters, but only on really cool stationary.  Like this.


The Wadsworth Atheneum is America's oldest public art museum.  My Dad and I like to visit it on Saturday afternoons during the semester breaks.  My favorite exhibit is the Eames furniture.

1 comment:

  1. why does the Basswood model intrigue you? How close is the finished building to this model? (I don't know the building). But if roofing material goes on top of this structure then one loses the delicateness of the structure. It reminds ms of what Frank Gehry used to say in his early days of his office, " my buildings look more interesting in the early phases of construction than when finished."

    ReplyDelete